What do you get at an IBM Systems Technical Symposium? Well for the event in Auckland, New Zealand November 13-15 I’ve tried to make the storage content as interesting as possible. If you’re interested in attending, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will put you in contact with Jacell who can help you get registered. There is of course content from our server teams as well, but my focus has been on the storage content, planned as follows:
Erik Eyberg, who has just joined IBM in Houston from Texas Memory Systems following IBM’s recent acquisition of TMS, will be presenting “RAMSAN – The World’s Fastest Storage”. Where does IBM see RAMSAN fitting in and what is the future of flash? Check out RAMSAN on the web, on twitter, on facebook and on youtube.
Fresh from IBM Portugal and recently transferred to IBM Auckland we also welcome Joao Almeida who will deliver a topic that is sure to be one of the highlights, but unfortunately I can’t tell you what it is since the product hasn’t been announced yet (although if you click here you might get a clue).
Zivan Ori, head of XIV software development in Israel knows XIV at a very detailed level – possibly better than anyone, so come along and bring all your hardest questions! He will be here and presenting on:
- XIV Performance – What you need to know
- Looking Beyond the XIV GUI
John Sing will be flying in from IBM San Jose to demonstrate his versatility and expertise in all things to do with Business Continuance, presenting on:
- Big Data – Get IBM’s take on where Big Data is heading and the challenges it presents and also how some of IBM’s products are designed to meet that challenge.
- ProtecTIER Dedup VTL options, sizing and replication
- Active/Active datacentres with SAN Volume Controller Stretched Cluster
- Storwize V7000U/SONAS Global Active Cloud Engine multi-site file caching and replication
Andrew Martin will come in from IBM’s Hursley development labs to give you the inside details you need on three very topical areas:
- Storwize V7000 performance
- Storwize V7000 & SVC 6.4 Real-time Compression
- Storwize V7000 & SVC Thin Provisioning
Senaka Meegama will be arriving from Sydney with three hot topics around VMware and FCoE:
- Implementing SVC & Storwize V7000 in a VMware Environment
- Implementing XIV in a VMware Environment
- FCoE Network Design with IBM System Storage
Jacques Butcher is also coming over from Australia to provide the technical details you all crave on Tivoli storage management:
- Tivoli FlashCopy Manager 3.2 including Vmware Integration
- TSM for Virtual Environments 6.4
- TSM 6.4 Introduction and Update plus TSM Roadmap for 2013
Maurice McCullough will join us from Atlanta, Georgia to speak on:
- The new high-end DS8870 Disk System
- XIV Gen3 overview and tour
Sandy Leadbeater will be joining us from Wellington to cover:
- Storwize V7000 overview
- Scale-Out NAS and V7000U overview
I will be reprising my Sydney presentations with updates:
- Designing Scale Out NAS & Storwize V7000 Unified Solutions
- Replication with SVC and Storwize V7000
And finally, Mike McKenzie will be joining us from Brocade in Australia to give us the skinny on IBM/Brocade FCIP Router Implementation.